About the business
We are passionate about delivering exceptional service to our clients and committed to being the UK’s most trusted and experienced specialist distributor in the mortgage market. We are growing at a rapid pace, and are looking for energetic, motivated and professional individuals to join the team and be part of our future success.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced underwriter who will discuss, analyse and place new enquiries for mortgage and secured loans, in order to provide the best product to suit the client’s needs, and to the standards required by the business, lenders and the FCA. Reporting directly to the new business manager they will work closely with case owners, account managers and brokers.
Our underwriter will be customer focussed with a friendly and confident approach. They will approach challenges with resilience and tenacity, to ensure that positive outcomes are met for the client and the business.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic. They will be proactive and be able to complete detailed work with high levels of accuracy whilst working at pace and remaining calm under pressure.
- Dealing with new enquires from brokers for mortgage and secured loan applications in order to provide accurate indicative quotes and gaining commitment to progress to full enquiry.
- Communicating with lenders and brokers over the telephone/email promptly and politely, using industry terms with confidence
- Gathering and collating information from clients/brokers and analysing credit reports to gain intelligent insight to our clients’ needs and requirements
- Analysing data effectively when looking at client files to ensure that the product and rate is the most suitable for the client and the lender product is the most suitable
- Maintaining and developing a good working knowledge of all lender products and services and of the UK Financial services regulatory guidelines
- Working collaborately with case owners to enable the most positive outcome for clients
- Managing the client data base and ensuring information is accurate and up to date
- Ensuring full compliance to the FCA guidelines, data protection and other regulatory frameworks
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience working in an underwriting role in a financial services business (e.g. loans, mortgages, debt management, insolvency)
- A Specialist Financial Services background would be preferred
- CeMap qualified would be ideal but not essential
- Computer literate and proficient with MS office applications
- Communicates accurately, concisely, confidently and compellingly to a variety of audiences and able to adapt communication method and style based on situation
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail whilst able to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and achieving business service levels
- Ambition to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment
Location: Manchester City Centre
Salary: Basic £21 - £25k