About the business
We are passionate about delivering exceptional service to our clients and committed to being the UK’s most trusted and experienced specialist packager in the mortgage market. We are growing at a rapid pace and are looking for energetic, motivated and professional individuals to join the team and be part of our future success.
About the role
We are looking for a Trainee New Business Consultant who will discuss, analyse and place new enquiries for mortgages and secured loans, in order to provide the best product to suit the client’s needs, and to the standards required by the business, lenders and the FCA. Reporting directly to the new business team leader, they will work closely with case owners, account managers, brokers and lenders.
Our Trainee New Business Consultant will be customer focused with a friendly and confident approach and they will approach challenges with resilience and tenacity, to ensure that positive outcomes are met for the client and the business.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic; they will be proactive and be able to complete detailed work with high levels of accuracy whilst working at pace and remaining calm under pressure.
- Developing, managing and discussing cases with brokers in order to provide accurate indicative quotes, whilst gaining commitment to progress to a full enquiry
- Analysing credit reports to ensure a deal is placed correctly and the lender product is the most suitable for the enquiry
- Building trusted relationships and loyalty with brokers through regular communication in order to encourage return business and adding value through the promotion of suitable new lender products. This may include meeting brokers on or off-site.
- Building solid relationships and loyalty with lenders to ensure a full understanding of the product ranges and that support is received when required
- Liaising with the Processing Team in order to understand cases to be rewritten to new lenders and handover new cases concisely, completely and effectively
- Maintaining and developing a good working knowledge of all TFC products and services and of the UK financial services regulatory guidelines
- Maintaining the up to date status of an enquiry and system diary to ensure enquiries are turned around within company timescales
- Maintaining up to date and accurate product knowledge for all TFC’s Lender panel for 1st and 2nd charge mortgages and developing awareness of additional lender products
- Managing conversion ratios from enquiries to issue and ensuing monthly targets are met
- Owning any complaints or feedback from brokers and ensuring that the broker is kept informed until the issue is dealt with to conclusion
- Proactively developing skills and knowledge and actively seeking opportunities to grow experience
- Participating fully in team meetings by sharing information and insight from MI reports for your own pipeline and contributing to team based problem solving activities
- Inputting data on TFC systems or lender systems to ensure that records are up to date and fully compliant to TFC standards and data protection
- Role modelling the TFC Way behaviours at all times to colleagues and clients.
- Full training will be provided but experience working in a financial services environment is preferable but not essential
- Computer literate and proficient with MS office applications
- Communicates accurately, concisely, confidently and compellingly to a variety of audiences and able to adapt communication method and style based on situation
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail whilst able to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and achieving business service levels
- Ambition to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment
Location: Manchester City Centre
Salary: Dependent on experience